Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA)
Kenya eTA is a semi-automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to Kenya. An eTA offers permission to travel and is authorised by the Government of the Republic of Kenya.
Important to Note
- ETA applications must be made through www.etakenya.go.ke ONLY.
- Standard processing time is three (3) working days.
- Processing time will vary depending on the type of eTA and your country of citizenship.
- Applicants wishing a faster turnaround or applicants requiring assistance by officers should apply for premium service.
- You are only allowed to travel after your application has been approved by the Government of Kenya.
- All foreign visitors must apply for an eTA. For children under the age of 18, the legal guardian, parent or accompanying adult is responsible for filling in the application. It is highly recommend that families apply using the Group Application option.
- The eTA is mandatory for all foreign visitors except for citizens of EAC Member States that want to travel to Kenya. The 8 EAC Member States include: The Republic of Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Federal Republic of Somalia, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of South Sudan, the Republic of Uganda, and the United Republic of Tanzania.
- The Embassy is not responsible for eTA applications made through agents/third-parties.
- Applicants are required to have national passports/travel documents valid for at least 6 months before you submit your application
- Please ensure that all the information entered in the eTA application form is correct before clicking submit.
- For more information kindly refer to the FAQs and General_Info